Course Area(s): Biblical Laws and Legal Studies
Vision of the Biblical Law School
The School of Biblical Laws imparts knowledge and understanding of biblical laws. Its vision equips students with an in-depth understanding of Old and New Testament laws, and their relevance today. Students are taught to interpret and apply biblical laws in personal conduct, family life, business, and other societal issues. Its faculty members are experienced and devoted to teaching and researching on biblical laws, and the school offers a variety of academic programs and extra-curricular activities.
Goals of the School of Biblical Laws
- Understand the biblical laws in their historical, cultural and religious context.
- Analyze the legal principles underlying the biblical laws and apply them to contemporary legal issues.
- Explore the ethical and moral implications of the biblical laws.
- Develop a nuanced understanding of the diverse perspectives and interpretations of the biblical laws across different traditions.
- Enhance interfaith dialogue and promote mutual understanding and respect through the study and interpretation of biblical laws.
"But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ"
(Philippians 3:20 ESV)